I have been reading with interest the discussion on Elazar vs LC and there
was one fact that I would like to point out.  Elazar is recognized as a
standardized system that is acknowledged by the Library of Congress.  It was
developed for Judaic libraries just like churches  have their own system,
the National Library of Medicine has their own system and the military has
their own system.  If there is a Judaic classification system that is
standardized then why shouldn't we as school and synagogue librarians use
it?

Sincerely,
Joel Tuchman
Sinai Temple Blumenthal Library, Los Angeles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]