I have to put my two cents into this conversation.  Last week I received
yet another two bags of books; actually this time they were old siddurim.
By old siddurim I don't mean antique and interesting.  I mean old Union
Prayerbooks from the 50s. When I inquired as to the "nice" person that gave
them to me I was told that they were dropped off with the guard
downstairs.  Now I have visions of a whispered conversation.  "Pssst take
these to the door of Temple Israel, drop them and RUN!"   Other peoples
books religious or otherwise are the bane of my existence. Yikes!

Enid Sperber

Temple Israel of Hollywood
Los Angeles, California

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu