Our Principal is keen for us to study a Jewish novel at high school level.
We have been doing "Counterfeit Lives", a holocaust novel, at Year 9 level,
next year we plan to do a unit on the Holocaust and film using some current
and older fiilms. At Year 12 level we have studied Eli Wiesel's "Night", so
would like to get away from the Holocaust theme. It needs to be a novel
that has literary merit and good characterisation and would be able to be
taught by a non Jewish teacher. He suggested Lazerson's "Skullcaps and
Switchblades" which I need to reread.
We are a Chabad boys school, so would need to be appropriate for our
students needs.
Michelle Feiglin
Yeshivah College
Melbourne, Australia