I just checked the stock at Ingram where I purchase many of my books.  It
appears that they have 25 copies of the paperback available in their Oregon
warehouse.  The Perma Bound and Sagebrush bound copies are out of stock and
on back order.  It is an Accelerated Reader - Reading Counts book selection
so hopefully they will reprint it. I am not sure how that works. It is a
great book and needs to be out there and available to be read.
As to a reading guide, someone on the Sydney Taylor Committee or a former
member might be able to put you in touch with the author.  She came to
convention to accept her award.  She might be able to assist you with
questions and discussion guidelines.  In lieu of that you might make sure
that there are adults in the group who lived through the Civil Rights era
and are able to give an "eye witness" picture of the times, so to
speak.  It might help the kids understand how courageous the Dad in the
story is to befriend the Black people in the town and to defend the man who
is up for the job of Chief of Police(?)  I haven't read it in a while so I
may not be recalling the details accurately.
Good luck and if you do come up with any sort of guides for reading the
book, please post it on Hasafran.  I am sure others, beside me. would be
interested.
Enid Sperber
Temple Israel of Hollywood
Los Angeles, California

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  galron.1 @ osu.edu
AJL HomePage                  http://www.JewishLibraries.org