One consideration in scheduling the convention before
the last week in June might have been not to have the
convention fall during the Three Weeks between the
Fast of the 17th of Tamuz and the Fast of Tishah B'Av,
which many Jews observe as a period of semi-mourning.

In Denver we barely made it.  I think the Three Weeks
started the Wednesday night after the convention, and
the fast was the next day (or maybe the Three Weeks
started the Thursday night).
That is one reason I decided not to sign up for the
Rocky Mountain tour that year.

-Stanley Nachamie [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu