--- Jeff Corbett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > It seems to me that the Jewish people who I have
 > spoken to, at least where I > am, DO NOT include
"Hebrew Christians" or "Jews for
 > Jesus" people as Jewish.
==
   Jews for Jesus is actually an organization of paid,
professional missionaries - one of many Christian
"missions to the Jews."
   "Hebrew Christians" or "Messianic Jews" are
Christians, believers in Christian doctrines such as
the Trinity, the divinity of Jesus, his death as
vicarious atonement for sin, and so on.  They clothe
themselves in the outer trappings of Judaism (light
Sabbath candles, say some prayers in Hebrew, wear
kippot) to attract Jews and to convince Jews of the
notion that we can "accept Yeshua/Jesus" without
abandoning our Jewish identity. Which we cannot,
anymore than a vegetarian can eat beef and still be a
vegetarian.
Andrea