This is a cd that belongs in every collection.  It is a Jewish African
American celebration of freedom.  It explores the shared struggle that was
our mutual connection point. The gamut is run from good old fashioned civil
rights songs  to Irving Berlin's Give Me Your Tired. The high point for me
is a reminiscence by Rabbi Arthur Waskow of the life changing experience he
had with Fanny Lou Hamer at Democratic National Convention of 1964.  The
production values are outstanding. This cd works as music and as history. I
highly recommend it.

Enid Sperber

Temple Israel of Hollywood
7300 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]