Friends, I would like to remind you that the deadline to apply for both the
AJL Scholarship and the Rosalie Katchen Fund are fast approaching. All
materials need to be in my hands by April 1 so that the Scholarship
Committee can deliberate. Here is some brief information on these awards.
More extensive information and the applications can be found on the AJL
website: http://www.jewishlibraries.org. I will be happy to answer any
questions you may have about them. See my contact information at the bottom.

AJL Scholarship
In order to encourage students to train for, and enter, the field of
Judaica librarianship, the Association of Jewish Libraries awards a
scholarship of $500 to a student attending or planning to attend a graduate
school of library and information science. Prospective candidates should
have an interest in, and demonstrate a potential for, pursuing a career in
Judaica librarianship. This scholarship is open to individuals who are
currently working in Jewish libraries as well as those who are not.

Rosalie Katchen Memorial Award
In order to support catalogers and library school students seeking to
further their knowledge of Hebraica/Judaica cataloging and/or participate
in and contribute Hebraica records to national cooperative cataloging
programs, a monetary award is made to a qualified applicant. The amount of
money awarded varies from year to year, depending on resources available in
this fund. Applicants who wish to use the award to attend cataloging
sessions at the AJL Convention will be considered.

Debbie Stern, Library Director
Mordecai M. Kaplan Library
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
1299 Church Road
Wyncote, PA 19095
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 215-576-0800 ext. 234 fax: 215 576-6143