"Our eighth grade teacher is requesting novels by Israeli authors about
 > Israel or Jewish authors writing about the Holocaust. "

Israeli Novelists about Israel
    The Sydney Taylor Book Award winner for 2004 is by an Israeli author,
Penina Moed Kass, who wrote "Real Time."  For an outstanding new novel
about Israeli army service and teens in modern Israel, see "Light Years" by
Tammar Stein. For another and not as good, see "When I Was a Soldier" by
Valerie Zenatti.
     For other novels for middle school about Israel by Israelis, see those
by Anna Levine, Gabrielle Carmi, Gila Almagor, Nava Semel, and Uri Orlev.

Jewish Authors about the Holocaust
     There are many.  Notable authors include Uri Orlev, Livia Bitton
Jackson, Ida Vos, Carol Matas, Edith Baer, Kathy Kacer, Sonia Levitin,
Nancy Patz, Mirjam Pressler, Irene Watts, Bracha Weisbarth, Kathryn Winter,
Hava Ben-Zvi, and Eva Wiseman.
     See the Valuesfinder,
<http://www.ajljewishvalues.org>www.ajljewishvalues.org,  for more
information and more authors.