FROM THE MODERATOR:
The following message does not fall in the scope of  our mission.
All responses should be sent directly to the poster. No answers will be
posted on Hasafran.

Yossi Galron

Hi ALL....

Need your advice.

Our School District has been closed for both days of Rosh Hashana for many,
many years.

This year, the school board voted to remain OPEN both days...Students not
attending school on either or both days would be given an excused absence.

Hue and cry from Jewish community made them relent and close the First Day,
but they voted to be open the second day.

The Jewish population here is quite small...most students are either Indian
or Oriental.

The Board also voted to be closed EASTER MONDAY, but gives no reason.

In trying to get them to adjust the calendar, they refused one
option...opening before Labor Day (as they did last year) because of the
screaming of parents who "don't wantt o cut their vacations short."

Any advice and arguments we can use to convince the Board to reverse its
decision and close both days of Rosh Hashanah?

Thanks in advance..........................Don Feinstein

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  galron.1 @ osu.edu
AJL HomePage                  http://www.JewishLibraries.org