----------------------- Message requiring your approval ---------------------- From: "Nancy Austein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [ha-Safran]: Halacha for Ner Tamid

Dear Friends,

I’m trying to find out if, according to Halacha, it is alright to use an electric Ner Tamid, as opposed to one that is oil and wick. This particular light is used in our mausoleum, and the light keeps blowing out when the door opens – hence it is not actually “eternal”, while an electric one would be.

By the way, I checked the EJ, but I need additional source material that I can site.

Thanks,

Nancy Austein
Library Director
Temple Emanu-El
Dallas, TX
214-706-0000
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This has been scanned by Temple Emanu-El