----------------------- Message requiring your approval ---------------------- From: "Sara Deitch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [ha-Safran]: Retirement / Seeking Cataloging Software

I have retired as librarian at Temple Sinai after 15+ years. Our new library/learning center will be ready this summer – enlarged and offering additional services. We’ve grown to be the largest synagogue library in the Atlanta area and I leave feeling we have accomplished a great deal during my tenure. My part-time job will now be full-time, a great opportunity for someone (anyone care to apply?). My husband has been retired for five years and welcomes my passing the library on to new blood. It’s been a joy, especially my connection to AJL -- invaluable in so many ways.

Since librarians don’t really retire, I am now embarking on starting a small lending library on Daufuskie Island, SC, where we have a home and spend a great deal of our time. This is the island of Pat Conroy fame (The Water is Wide/Conrack)…and still is in great need. Does anyone know of a free or very inexpensive simple cataloging software package that could hold our book data, print labels, present a catalog of some sort…circulation would be a bonus…? I’d be most appreciative of your suggestions -- a mitvah for the islanders.

I can now be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED], tho’ I am still checking in at Temple Sinai until the new person comes aboard.

Sara Deitch

Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual author and are not necessarily endorsed by the AJL =========================================================== Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: galron.1 @ osu.edu Ha-Safran Archives: Current: http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.acs.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html History: http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.acs.ohio-state.edu/history.html AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org