Dear safranim,

I'm looking for the source of this quote, please, by Abraham Joshua
Heschel. Anyone know this off the top of your head? (I've Googled and
looked through quotation books - haven't been successful. ):

"We are a peoople in whom the past endures, in whom the prsent is
inconceivable without moments gone by.  The Exodus lasted a moment, a
moment enfuring forever.  What happened once upon a time happens all the time."

Thanks!

Ann Abrams, Librarian
Temple Israel
477 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617-566-3960 x116
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.tisrael.org

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  galron.1 @ osu.edu