Dear friends,

I am pleased to inform you the author of The Cantonists, Larry Domnitch,
will be in southern California in July and will be available for speaking
engagements and discussion about his book.

I have included some brief information about the author and book below.
Please contact me to discuss setting up a program that meets your needs.

thanks,

Stuart Schnee
US Tel. 973-796-2753
Israel Tel. +972-54-790-9120

THE CANTONISTS: The Jewish Children's Army of The Tsar

Larry Domnitch.  Devora Publishing. Hard Cover: $21.95   ISBN:
1-930143-79-6, Soft Cover: $16.95 ISBN: 1-930143-85-0

ABOUT THE BOOK:

The Cantonist era was a terrifying episode in Jewish history, and one that
is etched in the collective memory of the Jewish people. Tsar Nicholas of
Russia conscripted thousands of Jewish children some as young as 6 years
old into his army for up to 25 years. The Tsar's declared goal was nothing
less than to convert these children to Christianity; for him, their baptism
was of the highest priority.
This book reveals the struggle of these youngsters to maintain their Judaism
against impossible odds. Many failed. But some, like Golda Meir's
grandfather, succeeded in reclaiming their heritage and reconnecting the
chain of Jewish tradition. Today, thousands of Jews are descendants of those
stalwart Cantonists.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Larry Domnitch has degrees in both political science and Jewish history. He
writes extensively for newspapers and journals throughout the United States
and Israel, especially about this unique period of history.

WHAT THE CRITICS ARE SAYING:

a very important readThe Jewish Observer

leaves the reader with a more powerful understanding of the suffering of
so many young Jews.The Jerusalem Post

<http://105829.sigclick.mailinfo.com/sigclick/06010409/00094D02/0101084D/001
7111201.jpg>
Make sure YOUR emails don't get lost!