The most recent controversy over book banning was Rabbi Nosson
Slifkin's books on Torah and science. The bans were published in
newspapers in Israel and Europe in January of last year and the
resulting controversy spilled over into the NY Times, Haaretz, The
Scientist, Moment Magazine and elsewhere. You can learn more about
this at the author's website: www.zootorah.com/controversy and on my
blog: www.TorahMusings.com (see the links on the right side-bar about
the Slifkin Ban).

This is actually still in the news, as this week's European Yated
Neeman carried an article critiquing Rabbi Slifkin without mentioning
his name, and word has it that the next issue of Agudath Israel of
America's Jewish Observer magazine will also have a long article
critiquing him (without mentioning his name). I'm aware that another
major Jewish newspaper will be carrying a front page article about
this within the next few months (that I may or may not be writing).

Rabbi Slifkin's book about evolution and the age of the universe has
been completely revised and vastly expanded, and will be published
next month under the title The Challenge of Creation. The book has a
foreword written by Rabbi Tzvi Hersh Weinreb, executive vice
president of the Orthodox Union. Rabbi Slifkin is in the US this
summer and available for speaking opportunities. He can be reached at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Disclaimer: My company Yashar Books distributed the books after they
were banned and will be distributing the new book in the US.

Gil Student
www.YasharBooks.com