Shalom Safranim

Do your libraries subscribe to the Online version of the Index to
Jewish Periodicals? We have been buying the CD Rom version that is
not as convenient as having it online, but is about $500 cheaper.
Besides the convenience factor of being able to access it from the
departments, instead of coming in to the library to use it, and the
fact that it is updated twice a year, instead of once a year as they
do with the CD Rom, what is the argument for subscribing to the
online version? The major journals are in any case included in the
large fulltext databases such as Academic Premier, part  of Ebsco, etc.

I need to make a case to subscribe, can you give me some ammunition,
or would it just be an unnecessary luxury?

Thanks

Veronica

--
Veronica Belling