Hello Everyone:

I am a new librarian at a small Jewish Synagogue library.  We are in
the process of determining how to automate this small collection of
about 5800 items. I am interested in knowing how other small Jewish
libraries have handled instituting an inexpensive, integrated system
for circulation and cataloging purposes.  The system CASPR came to
our attention. But it does not have access to non-book, i.e., CD and
DVD Marc records etc.  Does anyone have a recommendation for an
integrated library system that would meet the needs for this size
collection in a Jewish Library? Has anyone utilized the CASPR system
for this purpose?

We are also considering a retrospective conversion of our records
into MARC format and then uploading them into the new system.  But
our main concern is choosing an inexpensive system that has been
effectively utilized in a collection such as our 5500 to 6000 items,
with some eye to growth and inclusion of non book materials.

Appreciate your input,

Charlene Saportin
B'nai Israel Librarian
Rockville, Maryland