This is posted on behalf of Sharona Tel Oren:

 >Shalom,    My name is Sharona Tel-Oren and I am the daughter of the late
Hebrew poet/author Abraham Regelson (a recipient of notable literary
awards), whose well-loved 1935 classic "Masa HaBubot l'Eretz-Israel" (based
on the adventures and hardships of my family's aliyah in 1933) delighted a
whole generation of readers, young and old.

Today a great-grandma living in Israel's Negev, I'm the heroine of the book
-- the original dolls' Imma.  Not long ago, I translated the book into
English ("The Dolls' Journey to Eretz-Israel"),  as well as  republished it
in the original Hebrew.  My lecture/presentation, "A Historic Tale of a
Unique Aliyah", has been given all over Israel in either Hebrew or English
to adults' groups and/or to children over 6, before schools, synagogues,
retirement centers, AACI/Hadassah/WIZO and ESRA  groups, libraries,
bookshops, community centers, and recently at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem
-- everywhere received enthusiastically by audiences that find it both
entertaining and informative.

I plan on visiting the US this November, and will be happy to accept
invitations to speak before your audience. Cities I plan on visiting
(subject to change): NY (early in November),  Boston, Toronto, Cleveland,
Chicago, Minneapolis, Denver, San Francisco and LA (late November to early
December).

Here is a short synopis of the book:

When her parents decided to move from Cleveland to pre-State Eretz-Israel in
1933, three-year-old Sharona had to leave her dolls behind with her friend
Phyllis.  But the dolls, yearning for their Imma -- her songs, stories, and
Sabbath table -- were determined to join her, and set out on  the journey by
land, sea and air to reunite with their beloved Imma.  Through the medium of
a doll-fantasy, the author describes what aliyah was like in those days, how
people lived then in the young Jewish city of Tel-Aviv, how they spoke, and
what they felt about their ancestral homeland.

Self-published in Israel with Biblio International, and available in
softcover through Amazon or Baker/Taylor [a hardcover library edition is
available  on order only directly through me],  this lively historical book
effectively inspires the reader with Jewish identity and love for Israel. It
was included in the Israel Ministry of Education's "Parade of Books 2006/7"
project to foster quality reading for the young.

For background, excerpts, reviews, readers' comments, audience reactions,
and a 2-minute film with lecture preview, please visit
www.abrahamregelson.org/dollsjourney.php
For additional details you may contact me directly.

Thank you for your attention.  Your speedy response will enable me to plan
my trip accordingly.
Sincerely,
Sharona Tel-Oren

POB 134, Omer 84965, Israel  Tel/Fax: 972-8-6460371
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 >Lisa Silverman
Library Director
Sinai Temple Blumenthal Library