I am pleased to announce that the Weine classification scheme
documents are now available for free download to AJL members only on
the AJL website. Weine is the classification and subject heading
scheme developed in the 1960's by our late colleague Mae Weine for
primarily small Judaic libraries, under 10,000 volumes. It is used by
many AJL members. The documents are in Word format so that
individuals may easily modify them to suit their own library's needs.

Non-AJL members and others wishing to purchase the print versions may
still do so using the AJL Publications order form, also available on
the AJL web site at:
<http://www.jewishlibraries.org/ajlweb/publications/publications_order_form.pdf>http://www.jewishlibraries.org/ajlweb/publications/publications_order_form.pdf

In addition to the documents you will find a link on the same page to
the Weine Users Discussion Group, hosted by Google. A Weine user's
group has also been organized for AJL members. Email Joan Gremont,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], for more information.

To find the web page listing the Weine documents, click on Resources
on the AJL home page, and then on Weine Documents and Users Group
(<http://www.jewishlibraries.org/ajlweb/resources/weine.htm>http://www.jewishlibraries.org/ajlweb/resources/weine.htm).

Hope everyone is having a good summer.

Debbie Stern, AJL VP for Publications
Mordecai M. Kaplan Library
Reconstructionist Rabbinical College
1299 Church Road
Wyncote, PA 19095
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 215-576-0800 ext. 234 fax: 215 576-6143