Hi! I have been assigned the task of coming up with a bibliography of
books for 8th graders on contemporary Israel, from 1948 onward for
the kids to choose from to read this year at our school. (not for
research, but for pleasure, from cover to cover) I have come up
already with many appropriate children’s books for Gr.8 but my
principal wants more titles. (60 in all)

Can anyone recommend any Jewish books for adults on Israel (1948
onward) fiction, or nonfiction that would be appropriate also for 8th
graders/young adults to read and enjoy? (I have “Exodus” and
“Raquela” so far. How about Donna Rosenthal’s book, “The
Israelis”-would that work for 8th graders? Any suggestions would be welcomed!
  Thanks! Janice Levine The Epstein School Media Center  Atlanta