Linda's post was really interesting.
I just returned from Israel, and loved the little exhibit at the
Diaspora Museum which showed model living rooms of Jewish communities
across time and space, making the point that ALL had in common things
such as: mezuzah, Sabbath candles, etc...and BOOKS.  In every single
community.  It's part of what makes us Jews.
By the way, on my new ipod (for the plane trip over), I filled it
with all the 2006 Book of Life podcasts that I never got to listen
to, and enjoyed that very much, Heidi.
Andrea