Dear Friends,
My apologies for steering you wrong.  When I got back to my library I
found the book I have titled Sorry was not the one that Marga Hirsch
mentioned.  My book is by Sue Riley.  It is a small book in a series
about feelings that was published in 1970.  Each page has an example
of a what a little child might feel sorry about.  The book that Marga
talked about by Jean Van Leeuwen is also called Sorry but it is quite
different.  Below is the summary I  found on <http://Abebooks.com>Abebooks.com

Ebenezer and Obadiah are brothers on a New England farm, sharing the
work to plow the fields and milk the cows. But in this tale for
readers up to 8, an argument starts one day. Obadiah criticizes his
brother's oatmeal, and Ebenezer upends the bowl on his head. Neither
will say he's sorry, and the brothers end up splitting the house and
living on separate hilltops. Each marries and prospers, but they
never speak again. It isn't until two cousins meet—Ebenezer and
Obadiah's great-grandsons—that someone finally says "sorry," and the
split is mended. Illustrator Brad Sneed depicts the hardheaded
brothers in detailed watercolors with exaggerated attitudes.

Hope this clears up my misunderstanding.
Wishing you all a sweet New Year.

Enid Sperber
Temple Israel of Hollywood Synagogue and Schools
Los Angeles, CA 90046