Hey all. Hope Thanksgiving was lovely and an the up-coming Januca equally so.

We are doing some serious cataloging and organizing of material in the
modest library of the Sinagoga "La Javura". We're going to be using
Weine. At the moment we're assigning general categories. We read bits
of the book and the blurbs on the covers. Here's a question that's
come up: What's your take on
"personal narrative",
"memoire", and
"autobiography" or
autobiography/biography in the guise of ficcion?

And yesterday we all got into a dither over "drama" v.s. "theatre".
For example, every time we have to pay the phone bill or decide which
kind of candles we should get or figure out where the intro to judaism
class should meet, everyone starts talking like teacups and tempests
spanish style (more like coffee cups, nobody drinks tea around this
popsicle stand). The distinction between the two has to have more than
just with how the words are gathered on the page. For instance, I
can't imagine putting the dialogues of Plato on Broadway. Well, yes,
actually,  as someone who has suffered through Waiting for Godot, I
can imagine it.

Besos de Valencia
Alba Toscano
Sinagoga conservador/masorti La Javura