The deadline for SSC libraries to apply for Basic or Advanced Accreditation
is approaching.
The deadline for submission of all applications is January 31, 2008.
The applications may be found on the AJL Web site under Accreditation at
http://www.jewishlibraries.org/ajlweb/accreditation/accreditation.htm.
Day schools must submit the Supplement form for Day Schools and Media
Centers.
If there have been no major changes, a short renewal application may be
submitted.

See the timeline of the process below:

Application time-line:
1. Deadline to apply for accreditation is January 31, 2008.
2. February: applicants are assigned mentors to discuss and review
applications and provide paperwork (e.g. policy statements, photos, etc.)
3. March and April: work out any problems and effective improvements, etc.
4. Final decisions regarding accreditations made by May 1st and letters sent
to each librarian and institution regarding the award.
If you have any questions, please email me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
phone e me at (512) 310-2490 (central time).

Applications should be mailed to me at Susan Greening, Chairman, AJL
Accreditation Committee, 9221 Castle Pines Dr., Austin, TX 78717-3973

They may also be sent to me by fax at (512) 388-1821 or as an e-mail
attachment to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

B'shalom,

Susan Greening
AJL Accreditation Chair