Hi. Does anybody have a copy of Stories from Our Living Past by
Francine Prose, published by Behrman House, that is NOT the c1974
edition? The reason I ask this weird question is that on page 81, in
the middle of the story "A Wife for Isaac," there is a chunk of text
missing in my 1974 edition. I'm hoping someone might have that text
in a different edition, and could xerox it and fax or email it to me.

The story begins on p.80. The illustration runs along the bottom of
pages 80-81, but there is no text on p. 81, just a big blank area.
Turn the page and the story continues on p.82, but it doesn't make
sense because text is missing.  Can you help me fill in this blank?

Thanks!
Heidi Estrin
Feldman Children's Library
Congregation B'nai Israel