I was also at the Cleveland conference, and I want to thank the
organizers for putting together such a terrific affair.  It was
extremely well organized and intelligently planned.  I also want to
thank everyone I met who greeted me so warmly and held their arms so
widely open (metaphorically ;)) to me.  As many of you know, I am not
a librarian, but not one of you made me feel as if the difference in
my career choice made me in any way inferior or an outsider to any of
you.  Thank you so much for your welcome and acceptance.

As I've said before on this list, it is wonderful to have a space
where I can share my Judaism and my love of books with others with
the same traits.  Last time, I was talking about Ha-Safran as such a
place, and now I am also happily talking about the AJL conferences as
well.  I hope to see many of you in Chicago next year.

Take care,
June Cummins

June Cummins, Associate Professor
Department of English and Comparative Literature
San Diego State University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]