On behalf of the Research Libraries, Archives, and Special
Collections Division of the Association of Jewish Libraries, I am
pleased to announce the winners of the 2008 Judaica Reference and
Bibliography Awards:

Reference Award: Hundert, Gershon David. 2008. The YIVO encyclopedia
of Jews in Eastern Europe. New Haven [Conn.]: Yale University Press.

Bibliography Award: Richler, Binyamin, Malachi Beit-Arie?, and Nurit
Past?ernak?. 2008. Hebrew manuscripts in the Vatican Library:
catalogue. Citta? del Vaticano: Biblioteca apostolica Vaticana.

Bibliography Honorable Mention: Lubetski, Edith, and Meir Lubetski.
2008. The book of Esther: a classified bibliography. Bible
bibliographies. Sheffield: Sheffield Phoenix Press.

I would like to thank the Judaica Reference and Bibliography Awards
committee for their hard work: Jim Rosenbloom, Barry Walfish, Daniel
Rettberg, Rachel Simon, Philip Miller, and Rachel Ariel.

Please join me in congratulating Dr. Gershon Hundert and the YIVO
Institute for Jewish Research; Benjamin Richler, Malachi Beit-Arie?,
Nurit Pasternak, and the Staff of the Institute of Microfilmed Hebrew
Manuscripts at the Jewish National and University Library (National
Library of Israel); and our association member Edith Lubetski, and
her spouse Meir Lubetski.

Rachel Leket-Mor
Chair of Judaica Reference and Bibliography Award Committee
Association of Jewish Libraries

Bibliographer
Religion, Philosophy, Jewish Studies
Arizona State University Libraries