Dear friends and colleagues,
I hope this message finds you well. It gives me great pleasure to
tell you about my new book, Dynamic Women Dancers. (I've included 3
1/2 Jewish dancers!) Here's the blurb from the publicist:

ANNE DUBLIN's new book, Dynamic Women Dancers, is out from Second
Story Press ($10.95, ISBN: 978-1-897187-56-2, pbk). The fourteenth in
the Women's Hall of Fame series, this book for ages 9-13 profiles ten
international women dancers. >From classical ballet to modern,
flamenco, and Bharatanatyam, these women have made a difference to
the world through their involvement in dance and beyond. They
include: Liz Lerman, Anna Pavlova, Pearl Primus, and Anna Sokolow.
Each chapter includes photographs, quotes from the women profiled,
and highlighted sidebars with facts about their lives and accomplishments.

For more information, see below.
You might also be interested to know that another book I wrote has
been accepted for publication in 2010. The Orphan is historical
fiction for young people, based on a family story my father told me
many years ago. It takes place in Sosnowiec, Poland in 1937. I'm very
excited about this book, for the story is close to my heart. Stay tuned…
May each one of you go from strength to strength.
Warmest regards,
Anne Dublin
Toronto, Canada
www.annedublin.ca

Second Story Press 20 Maud Street Ste 401 Toronto ON M5V 2M5
www.secondstorypress.ca
i...@secondstorypress.ca Distribution: UTP 1-800-565-9523
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dynamic Women Dancers
by Anne Dublin
Lives of ten women who have moved the
world through dance are explored in new
book for young readers
March 2009, Toronto – Dynamic Women Dancers is the fourteenth
title in the Women's Hall of Fame Series. The book profiles ten
women dancers from around the world. From classical ballet to
modern, flamenco, and Bharatanatyam, these women have made the
dance world their stage, performing and teaching all over the globe.
They also share a commitment to making a difference in the world
around them through their involvement in dance.
A diverse selection of female dancers are profiled. They include
Canadian Judith Marcuse, a modern
dancer and choreographer who is currently on a cross-country tour of
her environmental-themed
dance-theatre work for young people, EARTH=Home. Fellow Canadian
Karen Kain, perhaps this
country's most well known ballerina, has used her influence to
support dancers when they retire. Also
included in the collection is Cuban ballerinaAlicia Alonso, who did
not let partial blindness
overshadow her dream of founding the Ballet Nacional de Cuba. And Liz
Lerman, a modern dancer
from the US who countered the rule that dance is only for the young
by featuring dancers who range
in age from their 20s to their 70s.
Each chapter includes photographs, quotes from the women profiled,
and highlighted sidebars with
facts about their lives and accomplishments.
Full list of women profiled in Dynamic Women Dancers: Alicia Alonso
(Cuba – Ballet), Carmen
Amaya (Spain – Flamenco), Geeta Chandran (India – Bharatanatyam),
Karen Kain (Canada – Ballet),
Liz Lerman (United States – Modern), Judith Marcuse (Canada –
Modern), Anna Pavlova (Russia –
Ballet), Pearl Primus (United States – Modern), Anna Sokolow (United
States – Modern), Jawole
Willa Jo Zollar (United States – Modern)
Anne Dublin is a former teacher-librarian. She received her Bachelor
of Fine Arts (BFA) in dance
from the University of Wisconsin. She has written historical fiction
novels and biographies for young
people, including three previous biographies for young readers. Anne
currently resides in Toronto.
Contact: Emma Rodgers, (416) 537-7850, market...@secondstorypress.ca
Dynamic Women Dancers ISBN: 978-1-897187-56-2 $10.95
Paperback, 128 pages, 6" x 9" Ages: 9-13 Release Date: April 5, 2009