It is with profound sorrow that we inform you of the sudden death of
Bernard H. Rabenstein, Senior Associate Librarian for Hebrew
Cataloging at the Klau Library, Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute
of Religion, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Bernie worked at the Library for over 40 years, and was a valued and
esteemed friend and colleague to all of us at the College-Institute,
and to many AJL members as well. His dry wit and sometimes awful puns
were a welcome relief from what can become tedious work in our
profession. Bernie's knowledge and willingness to assist others were
always appreciated.

Messages of condolence may be sent to Bernie's family at: 6505
Western Run Dr., Baltimore  MD  21215

May his memory be for a blessing.

Sent on behalf of the entire staff of the HUC-JIR Library System

by Laurel Wolfson
Laurel S. Wolfson, Administrative Librarian
Klau Library
Hebrew Union College-Jewish Institute of Religion
3101 Clifton Ave.
Cincinnati  OH  45220