Urim is pleased to announce the publication of If We Could Hear Them
Now. This title is available through Baker and Taylor, directly from
the distributor Lambda

(Tel: 718-972-5449 fax: 718-972-6307) or from booksellers.

If We Could Hear Them Now

Encounters with Legendary Jewish Heroines

In If We Could Hear Them Now, Jewish heroines come to life from
different eras of Jewish history. The author conducts interviews with
different greats of the past, allowing each woman to tell her story
from a personal point of view. History is brought down from the
shelves of libraries and study halls and put in the readers' hands.
Written in a contemporary and riveting fashion, this book illustrates
what sets a hero apart and what lessons we can learn and incorporate
from these remarkable lives.

"This creative book allows modern readers to engage with Jewish
heroines whose voices we cannot access."
–Elisheva Baumgarten, Director of the Fanya Gottesman Heller Center
for the Study of Jewish Women and Social Historian at the Department
of Jewish History Program at Bar Ilan University

"This is a delightful, imaginative and inspirational work which I
highly recommend."
–Sir Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations
of the Commonwealth

"...takes us on a magic carpet ride through Jewish history,
introducing us to impressive heroines and imagining how their stories
could inspire us today. The book is both erudite and entertaining. So
hear them now, meet them now, read them now. Buckle your seatbelts
and enjoy this literary historical adventure in time-travel reminding
us, in the author's apt words, of the "timelessness" of these Jewish
heroines' teachings."
–Professor Gil Troy, McGill University, author of Why I Am a Zionist:
Israel, Jewish Identity and the Challenges of Today

About the author:
Alice Becker Lehrer teaches at the David Weissman Institute of the
Bronfman Jewish Education Centre in Montreal and has held senior
positions in the Montreal Jewish community for many years, including:
serving as the President of the Jewish Public Library and founder of
its Legacy for Learning committee, chairing the Advisory Committee of
the Melton School of Education, co chairing the Hartman Institute Lay
Leadership Global Beit Midrash Seminar Series, and as board member of
Kollel Torah Mitzion and Mizrachi Canada. Alice was the founder and
president of the private health care company Orthosport, was the
editor of The Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy, and has
published in the Canadian Jewish News. She is the wife of Harold
Lehrer, the mother of two daughters and the proud Oma of two grandsons.

Title: If We Could Hear Them Now: Encounters with Legendary Jewish Heroines