I'm the curatorial assistant at the Roman Vishniac Archive at the
International Center of Photography. We are currently looking for
interns for the fall semester, and Ann Abrams recommended that I
contact you about posting an internship description to the Hasafran list-serve.

I've pasted the description below. Please let me know if you have any
questions or need any additional information.

Thank you and best regards,

Rachel Travis

Internship Opportunity at the International Center of Photography, NYC

Spend a semester interning at the country's premier photography museum!

We are seeking fall interns to work at the International Center of
Photography (ICP) on the Roman Vishniac Collection, a recent and
groundbreaking gift to the museum's permanent collection. Roman
Vishniac's photographs of Central and East European Jewish life,
captured from 1935-38, are considered the last photographic
documentation of these now vanished Jewish communities. The majority
of his work has never been published or seen by the public, and the
collection includes tens of thousands of prints, thousands of
negatives, contact sheets, personal correspondence, audio material,
and ephemera.

We are now working to build a comprehensive archive of the famed
photographer's entire body of work. The archive project will
culminate in a large-scale international traveling retrospective,
including a catalogue, and symposia scheduled to open at ICP in 2012.

We are seeking highly motivated students of Art History, Library
Science, and/or Jewish Studies. Students currently enrolled in BA or
MA programs or recent graduates are eligible. Past archival work is
useful but not required as we will provide training in photo handling
and Jewish visual culture.  We are also seeking interns with
knowledge of German, Russian, Yiddish, or Hebrew to assist in
archiving a lifetime of correspondences and documents.

We are happy to work with academic departments to provide school
credit for internships. Interns earn free use of one of NYC's best
darkrooms and digital printing facilities at the ICP School. Interns
are also eligible for a 50% discount off of ICP courses and workshops
at the ICP School and are invited to attend ICP openings and special
events. We are currently accepting applications for summer
internships and ask for a two to four day a week commitment from
summer interns. To apply or for more information please email a
resume, letter of interest, and the contact information for three
references to Rachel Travis at rtra...@icp.org.

Rachel Travis

Curatorial Assistant

International Center of Photography