Dear Librarian,

I am happy to let you know about the newly released documentary,These
are my Names, which explores the experiences and identity conflicts
of Israel's new Ethiopian citizens through the prism of their
original names – names that carry a depth of meaning and connection
not often found in the West.

In the 30-minute film we meet young Ethiopian Israelis whose original
names take them back to childhoods in nature, to the hunger and fear
in Sudanese refugee camps, to longing for loved ones who disappeared
or died on the journey to Israel, to denial of their identity…and a
return to their roots.

This film explores an important aspect of contemporary life in Israel
– and everywhere there is a large population of immigrants.

These are My Names is an essential for your library collection. The
price for purchase is $115 for public libraries and $ 300 for
university libraries. There is an additional fee for shipping and handling.

We would be delighted to send you a DVD for preview.

For more information please contact us at:

r...@ruthfilms.com

Best regards,

Ruth

Ruth Diskin Films Ltd.