Fellow synagogue librarians,

How do you manage your DVD collections? Do you leave DVD's in their
cases, or keep them behind the desk? Do you assign them call numbers
or categorize them another way? I'm thinking of changing the system I
inherited here and am interested in what others are doing.

A related question:  do you still have videocassettes? I have a
shelf-ful; they are rarely checked out. I'm very short of space, so
I'm thinking of removing them all and replacing the titles that I
think people will borrow with DVD's. Does anyone have advice to offer
on the subject?

Reply off-list; I'll summarize the responses and post the summary for
each question.

Thanks!

Marga Hirsch

Librarian & Bulletin Editor