Hello friends and colleagues:

I wish you all a successful conference in July in Seattle.

I wanted to let you know, if you don't already, about an interesting
and exciting development in the world of Jewish books.
Perhaps you have already seen the 1st issue of the Jewish Review of
Books. It is a quarterly publication. I am hoping that the publisher
saw fit to make sure that the Jewish Review of Books is available for
you to preview at the conference.

I am curious to know if any of my colleagues and friends have started
to read it and use it as a selection/acquisition tool.

I It is worth a look and do check out the ARTS section too. It has a
piece about the popular Israeli television show called Srugim (the
title refers to a particular style of kippah worn by Modern Orthodox
men.) The series follows a group of 30-somethings who are trying to
find their way through romance, work, etc. in a particular
neighborhood of Jerusalem.
I am sure the academic librarians will be interested in its reviews
and criticism of books and ideas.
I am enjoying my copy.

At any rate enjoy the conference in Seattle!
Abigail Yasgur