Dear Safranim - I just learned about a new publication which I
think will interest many of you.  It's a book of original Yiddish
songs: From Holocaust to Life (Fun khurbn tsum lebn). Vilna-born
Montreal composer David Botwinik presents his life's work, a
collection of 56 original musical compositions. These include solo
and choral works -- with lyrics by various Yiddish poets -- complete
with English translations, piano accompaniments, and chords. This
392-page "lay-flat" hardcover book was published by the League for
Yiddish (New York).

You may order the book from the League for Yiddish:
i...@leagueforyiddish.org ($40 US each, plus postage) or from
Alexander Botwinik: i...@botwinikmusic.com.

   Best wishes,

Arthur Kiron
Schottenstein-Jesselson Curator of Judaica Collections
University of Pennsylvania Libraries
3420 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6206
T. (215) 573-7431
F. (215) 898-0559
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
http://www.library.upenn.edu/collections/judaica/

Library at the Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies
420 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
T. (215) 238-1290 ext 202
F. (215) 238-1540