Hi, Folks.  I am currently in Paris and have not been keeping up with
email very well.  But I saw the most recent HaSafran digest and
wanted to comment.  I am very interested in establishing a Jewish
children's literature historical and contemporary collection at my
university, San Diego State University.  We already have a sizable
children's literature collection at the library, plus we have the
National Center for the Study of Children's Literature and a graduate
program in the English Department that allows one to specialize in
children's literature.  I have already had conversations with our
relatively new Special Collections librarian  about the possibility
of housing such an important collection at SDSU.  If you are
interested in my pursuing this possibility, I certainly will and will
direct our Special Collections librarian to the HaSafran posts on
this topic when I get back to the U.S.
Thanks,
June Cummins
SDSU