With the High Holidays bearing down upon us like Japanese Zeros on
Pearl Harbor, it's time to gear up for  the Free-bee Calendar
Beg-a-thon at Sinagoga conservador "La Javurá", Valencia (SPAIN)!

If any of you happen to think on it when in your local super-duper
grocery that gives away free-bee 5771 Jewish Calendars, pretty please
grab 3-6 of them, toss them in an envelop and mail them to me.
Calendars free or otherwise do not exist here in intensely sunny
Spain (just the thought of going out there gives me cathartic sun
stroke). At this juice bar, if we want calendars we have to hit the
internet. What with the calendar and *s*h*i*p*p*i*n*g*, the price of
each calendar is up there doing laps around our fair planet Earth.

Calendars are the most glorious invention ever. We use the calendars
like textbooks in Introduction to Judaism classes; the pictures make
great scrapbooks and collages. Calendars make incredible PR gifts.
And where there is no real Jewish ambiance in the streets, you can
add a bit of Jewish spice to your kitchen and living room. They're
nice. Calendars really are wholesome, wonderful things just like
non-transo-genico peanut butter-o and organically-grown strawbery jam
on whole-wheat, 7-grain sandwich bread.

We certainly hope a bumble-bee gets in your bonnet to send along a
couple or three.

Good rest of summer to one and all
Shana tova u'metuka
Besos de Valencia