I highly recommend Joan Nathan's "Jewish Holiday Kitchen"! I was
given *two* copies at my own adult bat mitzvah 21 years ago, and
still enjoy it greatly, both for the recipes and also for the all the
information about the holidays, the people who contributed the
recipes, and the many places around the globe where the recipes came from.
At seder time, everyone raves about the Yemenite charoset I make from
this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Joan-Nathans-Jewish-Holiday-Cookbook/dp/0805242171/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286370813&sr=1-3

Best,
Kimberley Shaw