I would also like to know more about Rovi books, as I've never heard
about that company before and can't find anything on them via Google.

As for publishers of Jewish religious comics / graphic novels ...

There was a series titled "Mendy and the Golem". 2 series, actually ;
one in the 1980's and one in the 2000's. Both have been discontinued.

The largest publisher of Judaica graphic novels was Mahrwood Press,
headed by Eric Mahr in Israel. Eric passed away back in February and
it is unlikely new titles will come from the company. An online
catalogue of what was published already may be found by going to
http://www.mahrwoodpress.com/catalog.htm

Other Judaica publishers that have published graphic works include :

* Jewish Lights (3 "Rabbi Harvey" books by Steve Sheinkin, who has
been a speaker at AJL conventions)
* Shazak (Queen of Persia, Out of Egypt, Miracle Lights ; one of
these books was a Sydney Taylor honor book)
* JPS (Megillat Esther by JT Waldman)
* Ben Yehuda Press (The Comic Torah by Aaron Freeman & Sharon Rosenzweig)

Back in 2005, Seraphic Press announced their intention to publish a
graphic biography by Neil Kleid about himself & his broother titled
"Migdal David". You may read the 13-page preview at
http://www.seraphicpress.com/archives/2005/09/migdal_david_1.php but
I don't know when (if) it will ever be finished.

Most Judaica graphic books are published by non-Judaica presses.
There are reasons for this, but I hope someday we will see another
Mahrwood-like publisher attempting to do something innovative and worthwhile.

Barry Deutsch's "Hereville" just won the Sydney Taylor award in the
Older Readers category. It is published by Amulet, which is an
imprint of Harry Abrams. Although Abrams sounds like a Judaica
publisher, it is not (although there are quite a number of Judaica
books - graphic & non-graphic - in its catalogue).

B'shalom,

Steven M. Bergson

Jewish comics blog
http://jewishcomics.blogspot.com