We've got a new episode of The Book of Life for you, on Yuvi's Candy Tree!

Author Lesley Simpson offered to interview herself, and I couldn't
pass that up! She talks about Yuvi's Candy Tree (Kar-Ben, 2011), a
picture book on Ethiopian Jews fleeing to Israel based on the true
story of Yuvi Tashome. With its strong Exodus themes, it makes a
great tie-in to Passover; it's also a universal immigration story and
a good illustration of the diversity of the Jewish family. Yuvi's
Candy Tree is also a PJ Library selection for ages 8 and up.

Follow this link to listen to the podcast:
http://jewishbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/yuvi-candy-tree.html

Heidi Estrin

Host, The Book of Life

www.bookoflifepodcast.com