ASSOCIATION OF JEWISH LIBRARIES

CONVENTION PROCEEDINGS COMMITTEE

Dear AJL 2011 Convention Speakers:

Please share your presentation with those who were unable to attend
your session. Your work will be published in the Proceedings of the
46th Annual Convention of Association of Jewish Libraries – Montréal,
Québec, June 19-22, 2011, on the AJL Website
(http://www.jewishlibraries.org). In an effort to encourage
membership in AJL, the current year's Proceedings are restricted to
AJL members; after one year they are available to the general
public.  (You can see examples from previous years at
http://www.jewishlibraries.org/main/Events/PastConventions/ConventionProceedings.aspx.)

Each published presentation will include your submitted text, slides,
and/or notes, and your abstract and bio copied from the convention
book. Where a podcast was recorded of your session, we will provide a
link to the audio.  The material will be published in PDF (Portable
Document Format) to preserve the integrity of your work--i.e. others
can save, download, and/or print it but cannot modify it in any way.

Because papers can be accessed individually online, there are minimal
format requirements; please suit yourself as to font, heading and
footnote style, and length (within reason!). The few requests we
still must make, along with submission instructions, are outlined below.

Deadline: Friday, July 29, 2011

1.      Format: Please send a copy of your presentation attached as a
file to an email message. We will add your abstract and bio to the
online version of your paper. We will NOT touch the content. If your
paper requires special formatting, also mail a print copy. If you
have no access to a computer, mail a print copy -- on 8-1/2 x 11
plain white paper.

2.      Hebrew in text: Preferably typed, or in easy-to-read print or
handwriting.

3.      Contents/Copyright/Notes: Must be your original work. Include
copyrighted materials only with permission, or cite full references
to these materials. For quotations, indicate source and page number.
You may indicate your own copyright of your manuscript on the first
page if you wish.

4.      Errors: No cross-outs, written inserts, etc. We will NOT be
editing. Please correct typos, etc. Use Spell-check! Our disclaimer
to publish "as is" will be stated in the Preface.

5.      At the end of your paper, feel free to add "For more
information, contact . . . " -- for handouts, bibliography,
references, illustrations, Web address, etc.

6.      Graphics, Slides: Please send all graphics, illustrations,
etc. IN A SEPARATE FILE, i.e. not embedded in your text. We will
connect them to your text via hotlinks in order to decrease the
download time for your readers.

7.      Delivery: By July 29 please e-mail submissions to: Jasmin Nof
(Proceedings Committee Chair):j...@umd.edu.  If sending a print copy
is the ONLY option for you, please address it to Jasmin Nof, 2200
McKeldin Library, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20902.

Questions? Contact Jasmin Nof at 301-405-9337 or j...@umd.edu.

If you like, you may also submit your work in expanded form to AJL's
Judaica Librarianship, a well-researched scholarly refereed publication.

THANK YOU!  We appreciate your participation and cooperation and look
forward to hearing from you.

Jasmin Nof

AJL Proceedings Chair

--