You will receive many replies so here are my thoughts after over 20
years of working in a Jewish library that also serves two synagogues.

The 10 year rule is a good one. In addition there is, usually, little
demand in synagogue libraries for books that offer essays on variety of issues.

I suggest to first ask the Rabbi if he/she wants to have it.  Then go
over the table of contents. If you see an essay that might be very
important to your congregation make a copy of it and keep it. I
believe that the copy right expired. It is OK to do it for
educational purposes.

All the best

Amalia Warshenbrot, Director emeritus

Levine-Sklut Judaic Library & Resource Center Charlotte NC

Email: amalia...@att.net Phone: 704-365-3313

I would accept the book and the memoirs also or you can send them directly
to a local Holocaust study center at the Univ of Mass and I am sure they would
pay postage. If interested will send you contact information.
all the best
Ken Schoen

If you have duplicate holocaust memoirs that u don't need they might
be of use at our UCLA library. Let me know what you think.

All best,

David Hirsch

Submitted by

Helen Chronister