As one who lived through the riots here in LA (it was scary) I couldn't
agree with Andrea more.
Thank you for telling it truthfully because it was off the wall violence
and craziness and does not equate to teaching children anything about
bullying.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Andrea Rapp <anrapp2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have to disagree with the idea of putting this new book on a
> bibliography about "bullying."  I remember the riots following the trial &
> verdict featured the shooting of innocent Korean-Americans and torching
>  their businesses.   I'd call that a lot more than bullying.  As for the
> verdict on the policemen, similar to a case in today's news, it turned out
> that news media edited the tape, they omitted a chunk of it, when Mr. King,
> hopped up on drugs and alcohol fought off all efforts of the police to
> confine him; the jury saw the entire tape, the rest of us didn't - maybe
> that affected their verdict, or maybe all 12 jurors were racists, I don't
> know, but I don't think it's a good idea to excuse or explain the days of
> massive rioting and pulling of innocent passer-bys from their cars and
> beating them and to teach kids that it was all a response to the bullying
> of Rodney King.
>  Andrea Rapp

Enid Kent Sperber
Library Consultant/Archivist
Temple Israel of Hollywood
Los Angeles, CA 90046

Co-Chair - Association of Jewish Libraries Convention
               The Langham Hotel  Pasadena, California
                            June 17-20, 2012
             To learn more visit:  www.jewishlibraries.org