Since I've been asked to share responses, I'm doing so. Those of you who have
more info for me, please send it to the list too.
Barbara

----- Original Message -----
From: Marcie Eskin
To: 'Librarian'
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:04 AM
Subject: RE: [ha-Safran] Old Follett software

Hi Barbara -

I had a similar problem when I got a new computer to act as the server for
InfoCentre, another "mature" Follett program. A tech-savvy congregant on my
Library Committee set up a "virtual machine" on my computer using VMWare, a
software product which cost about $100 using an educational discount through
SHI Corp. (www.shi.com). VMWare partitioned off a part of the computer's hard
drive on which we could install Windows XP and InfoCentre. It's working fine.
I'm pretty sure the operating system compatibility is an issue for the server
only, not for the client machines. I hope this is helpful.

Marcie Eskin, Librarian

Beth Hillel Congregation Bnai Emunah

3220 Big Tree Lane

Wilmette, IL 60091