The question, i suppose, is are e-books going to be to paper books what
cars were to horse and buggies, virtually totally displacing them, or more
like televison has been to radio and  motion pictures, by
nomeans displacing the odler media but rransforming the total media
landscape.

I think only time will tell.  I do not see myself, as yet, a lot of
scholars necessarily dying to read long treatises (as opposed to scholarly
articles) electronically, but that may change, of course.  I am neither a
prophet nor a son of a prophet.
 Shmuel Ben-Gad,
Gelman Library,
George Washington University.

"Taste has never been corrupted by simplicity."
    --Joseph Joubert