From: Liza Stabler <lizastab...@yahoo.com>
To: Hasafran <Hasafran@lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Wed, Aug 1, 2012 4:54 pm
Subject: Re: [ha-Safran] Re "I have some old Jewish Books"

I generally accept most offered donations for a number of reasons.  There is
the "you never know" factor, already mentioned.  My main consideration is
public relations to both congregants and those who are not affiliated.  I am
also careful to mention our acquisitions policy and that the books, if
duplicates or unsuitable for the collection, will be offered first to our
rabbis and staff and then donated elsewhere.  Because our  institution is well
known and may be the only Jewish venue someone knows, my goal is to be as
courteous and empathetic as I can, especially with someone who is looking for a
home for a loved one's treasured volumes.

Liza Stabler

Elizabeth F. Stabler
Librarian,
 Stettenheim Library
Temple Emanu-El
New York, NY

__
essages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual author
nd are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries (AJL)
a-Safran Archives:
urrent:
ttp://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.service.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html
arlier Listserver:
ttp://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.acs.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html
JL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org
-
asafran mailing list
asaf...@lists.service.ohio-state.edu
ttps://lists.service.ohio-state.edu/mailman/listinfo/hasafran