Dear Safranim,

I am forwarding the following announcement on behalf of Shane Baker at
the Congress for Jewish Culture.

Sincerely,

Amanda (Miryem-Khaye) Seigel
Librarian
Dorot Jewish Division, Room 111
The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building
42nd Street and Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10018

Reference Desk: 212-930-0601
Fax: 212-642-0141
Email: amandasei...@nypl.org
Website: http://www.nypl.org/locations/schwarzman/jewish-division

Hours of operation:
Monday, 10:00 AM-5:45 PM
Tuesday and Wednesday, 10:00 AM-7:15 PM
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 10:00 AM-5:45 PM

Memorial for the Soviet Yiddish Writers
murdered on August 12th, 1952
The Congress for Jewish Culture, the YIVO Institute for Jewish Research,
the Yiddish Forward, the Workmen's Circle and the Jewish Labor Committee
invite you to a special gathering marking 60 years since the Soviet
regime executed the Yiddish writers active with the Jewish Antifascist
Committee:

Dovid Bergelson, Itzik Fefer, Dovid Hofshteyn, Leyb Kvitko and Perets Markish.

Join us as we remember them and read and sing from their works and the
works of other Yiddish writers who suffered under the Soviet regime.
The program will be in Yiddish with some translation into English.

Chair: Professor Thomas Bird of Queens College;
In the program: Boris Sandler, Paula Teitelbaum, Hy Wolfe, Shane Baker,
David Mandelbaum, and Dr. Paul Glasser
and introducing a special short subject based on Markish's "Shards"
by Australian neon animator Jack Feldstein

DATE: Sunday, August 12th, 2012
TIME: 3 PM
LOCATION: YIVO/ Center for Jewish History
15 West 16th Street, Manhattan, 10011

Admission free - RSVP online at: http://yivo.org/events_signups.php
 or call 212-294-6139

Join Our Mailing List!