Hi Leah - one suggestion you might consider is our newest book, "The
Auschwitz Volunteer: Beyond Bravery," by Captain Witold Pilecki. This
presents a different view on Auschwitz. Rabbi Michael Schudrich, the Chief
Rabbi of Poland, calls it "essential reading for anyone interested in the
Holocaust."  The New York Times gave it a glowing review on June 24, saying
it is "a historical document of the greatest importance," and naming it a
New York Time Editors' Choice the following week.

This is the first time Pilecki's comprehensive report on his nearly 3-year
undercover mission at Auschwitz, which was written in 1945 and suppressed by
the postwar communist regime in Poland, is being published in English.
While, as you might imagine, some of the scenes described are very
difficult, the language would be at a high school level and the report is
written in a conversational way, as if Pilecki is in the room telling us his
story. We also include discussion questions at the end of the book which
would be appropriate for classroom use. More info at:
http://www.polandww2.com/auschwitz-volunteer/the-auschwitz-volunteer-about-t
he-book

I'd be happy to answer any questions or provide additional info. BTW, Amazon
is offering the paperback edition today at a 41% discount.

Best,
Terry

Terry A. Tegnazian
President
Aquila Polonica Publishing
10850 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Tel: 310-470-0770
Email: terry at aquilapolonica.com
Website:  <http://www.aquilapolonica.com/> www.AquilaPolonica.com;
<http://www.polandww2.com/> www.PolandWW2.com
Facebook:  <http://www.facebook.com/PolandWW2>
http://www.facebook.com/PolandWW2
Twitter:  <http://twitter.com/polandww2> http://twitter.com/polandww2
Aquila Polonica Publishing is dedicated to publishing, in English, the
Polish experience of World War II
with first-hand accounts, memoirs, photographs, artwork, poetry, literature
and historical studies.

NEW!
<http://www.polandww2.com/auschwitz-volunteer/the-auschwitz-volunteer-about-
the-book> The Auschwitz Volunteer: Beyond Bravery, by Captain Witold
Pilecki, translated by Jarek Garlinski.
A Featured Selection of the History Book Club. A Selection of the
Book-of-the-Month Club and the Military Book Club.
Watch the trailer on YouTube:  <http://bit.ly/AuschwitzVolunteerBookTrailer>
http://bit.ly/AuschwitzVolunteerBookTrailer
"A historical document of the greatest importance." The New York Times
"Editors' Choice"
"Remarkable revelations." Publishers Weekly

"Earthshaking. A book which I hope will be widely read." Dr. Zbigniew
Brzezinski, Center for Strategic & International Studies
"Extraordinary." Maclean's (Canada)
"An Allied hero." Professor Norman Davies
"Essential reading for anyone interested in the Holocaust." Rabbi Michael
Schudrich, Chief Rabbi of Poland