Using Social Media and Mobile Technology
to Engage Teens
A Special 4-Evening Workshop with Jennifer LaGarde
November 12-15, 2012. Each part lasts 60 minutes.
7:30pm Eastern | 6:30 Central | 5:30 Mountain | 4:30 Pacific

Today's teenagers and college students live, work, study, and communicate in a
world where social media and mobile technology are ubiquitous. Emerging
research even suggests that students' brains are developing differently as a
result of their connected, technology-driven world. Even tech-savvy librarians
can feel challenged when reaching out to this age group using these tools. In
this weeklong workshop Jennifer LaGarde will show you how to engage with teens
by "speaking their language," using technology to connect with young adults on
their own level. You'll also learn how you can harness social media and mobile
technology to build innovative library programming and instruction.

This workshop will take place in the evenings during the week of November 12,
with each of the four 60-minute sessions starting at 7:30pm Eastern. Attendees
will be given brief readings and activities which can be completed either
during or after the event.

Jennifer LaGarde is the lead librarian for New Hanover Schools and is the
teacher librarian at Myrtle Grove Middle School in Wilmington, North Carolina.
In 2011, Jennifer was awarded the "I Love My Librarian Award" by the American
Library Association, The Carnegie Corporation of New York and The New York
Times. She was also named a 2011 "Mover and Shaker" by Library Journal.

Link:
http://ala-publishing.informz.net/ala-publishing/archives/archive_2612618.html
***Please note:  do not use a period/dot after the "html". Some of you did so
with my last post, and the link did NOT work.

Kol tuv,

Stephanie (Sara Leah) Gross
MSLIS, MATESOL

Chair, AJL Mentoring