Dear Colleagues and Friends from AJL and AJL-SC.

As you may have heard, I have decided to retire as of December 15, 2012.  We
shall be in Milwaukee and Israel from Dec. 17 until January 8. 2013, when we
return to Los Angeles.  On or before May 1, 2013, Manny and I shall make
'aliyah where we will establish our home in Jerusalem.

This decision was the most difficult of my life and is not one that I made
lightly.  My years spent leading the Library and Archives (L&A) for the Simon
Wiesenthal Center (SWC) and the Museum of Tolerance  (MOT) have been the most
productive and the most meaningful of my professional life.

In 1978 I was offered a challenge to develop the L&A and an opportunity to
learn from and to teach others.  By accepting the offer, I committed myself to
assume my responsibilities "to perfect the world" in which we live.

It is my hope and prayer that the SWC-MOT L&A will continue to grow and devlop.
 May it provide the the resources and the programs which will teach the world
to remember and to learn from its past.  May we nourish its growth as we
prepare for the time when these holdings will be the only witnesses to bear
testimony to that past.

I shall be forever grateful for your enrichment of my life during these years.
It has been my privilege to work with you and to learn from you.  You have been
my inspiration and my mentors.  May we all go mei-chayil 'el chayil - from
strength to strength - in a peaceful world.  Bivrachah u-ve'hatzlachah  in all
your endeavors.

Both Manny and I look forward to sharing our lives and memories with you during
your visits to Jerusalem.

With kindest personal regards to each of you.
Adaire

Adaire Klein
Director of Library & Archival Services
SWC-MOT